Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Job Description: The African American Family & Cultural Center (AAFCC) is recruiting for a Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC). The AAFCC is looking for a dynamic and resourceful individual. A successful candidate will be comfortable with public speaking and a self-starter who can work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team. The Smoke-Free North State Project works to reduce tobacco-related disparities in Butte and Yuba Counties. The CEC will coordinate project activities, gauge political temperature for local policy adoption, and support community norms change around tobacco use and control. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Community Engagement Coordinator supports the planning, implementation and evaluation activities of the Smoke-Free North State Project. The CEC also supports the needs of the AAFCC under the direction of the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Coordinator with facilitation of tobacco minimum price policy campaigns in Butte and Yuba Counties.
- Assist with creating and supporting Black Student Unions in Butte and Yuba Counties.
- Coordinate community outreach and engagement activities in the scope of work including planning, training and implementation of activities
- Build partnerships on behalf of the program with community-based organizations, Local Lead Agencies, community stakeholders, Black Student Unions and other targeted community groups.
- Attend appropriate training, educational presentations, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure the successful and timely submission of all required reports.
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of African American Culture.
- Experience coordinating classes, workshops, and/or events for a nonprofit organization, church or other entity
- Experience with graphic design of flyers, brochures, etc., desired but not required. Must be willing to learn and develop this skill as part of an employee’s professional development plan.
- Residence in South Side Oroville or strong ties to the community preferred.
- Position requires/prefers a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Community Health, Public Health, etc. and at least on year of work experience or education indicating an ability to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: $20.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via email
How to Apply: Please apply by going to our website https://www.aafcc-oroville.org/ for more information and applications. All employment Applications, Cover Letters, Resumes & DMV Print Outs must be submitted to the African American Family & Cultural Center via email or hand delivered to 3300 Spencer Ave. Oroville, CA 95966. All applications must be received at the above address or postmarked by the closing date.
or in person
African American Family & Cultural Center
3300 Spencer Ave.
Oroville, CA 95966Minimum Education and Experience