Title: Community Engagement Coordinator (one full-time position)-
Location: High Country Region (Lassen, Siskiyou or Plumas County) Salary: $25-27/hr.
The California Health Collaborative is recruiting one full-time Community Engagement Coordinator for the Smoke Free High Country Program. This Program takes place in Lassen, Plumas, and Siskiyou counties to reduce tobacco related disparities and advance momentum for a tobacco free California. The CEC will coordinate program activities, oversee general communications, gauge political temperature for local policy adoption, and support community norm change around tobacco use and control.
Under general supervision of the Project Director, the Community Engagement Coordinator supports the planning, implementation and evaluation activities of the Smoke Free High Country Project.
1. Consults with the Project Director relative to planning, policy and program direction.
2. Provides support in the development of functional program work plans, which are intended to direct program activities in the achievement of program goals and objectives.
3. Participates in ongoing process and outcome evaluation.
4. Builds partnerships on behalf of the program with community-based organizations, healthcare sites, Local Lead Agencies, community stakeholders, and targeted community colleges.
5. Oversees community outreach and engagement activities in the Scope of work, including overseeing planning, training, and implementation activities: coordinating teleconferences; developing educational materials; and providing technical assistance and support services to community members and local tobacco control partners.
6. Represents the California Health Collaborative at meetings with committees, community agencies, care providers and related entities, and facilitates inter-agency linkages, communication and collaboration.
7. Develops and conducts presentations and trainings for groups and one-on-one meetings with key decision makers, community leaders and community partners.
1. Applicant must live in Lassen, Siskiyou or Plumas County and have a good understanding of the community including familiarity with local history, organizations and agencies, and systems in place.
2. Ability to work independently, self-starter who is also willing and eager to work collaboratively as a part of a broader team.
3. Comfortable with public speaking.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Health Education or a related field is preferred. A minimum two years’ experience working in the geographical region of Lassen, Siskiyou or Plumas County with an understanding of the atmosphere and the community’s social norms. A combination of experience and education demonstrating an ability to fulfill the duties of the position will be considered.
A valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance is required.
How to Apply: Send Resume and Cover letter to HR@healthcollaborative.org Please note the position title in your email.Minimum Education and Experience