Make an impact: CHIP’s mission is to create affordable housing communities. As a Resident Manager you’ll help create a safe and healthy environment for tenants. We want Linden Apartments to be a great place to live, and we’ll count on you to help make it happen.
Join a great team: You’ll be a supportive team member. You’ll join our team of Resident Managers to help each other, share ideas, and develop new ways to make our properties great places to live.
Please Apply If You:
- Have 2 years of property management experience, or a combination of transferable work experience and/or education.
- The Resident Manager lives on site. A 3-bedroom apartment and utilities provided with employment.
- Have good organizational skills, are self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize, juggle, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Have good people skills; are courteous, tactful, and diplomatic in interactions with coworkers, tenants, and vendors.
- Are able to learn new computer software. You should feel comfortable operating Windows-based software, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook. We will train you to use our Property Management Software.
- Are proficient in speaking and writing English.
- Are willing to share on-call responsibilities with other staff and respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
A Qualified Candidate Will Be Able to Perform the Following Tasks:
- The Resident Manager ensures that basic repairs, painting, and turnovers of vacant apartments are completed in a timely manner.
- Become knowledgeable in program regulations (i.e., Tax Credit, HOME, Section 8), adhering to statutory regulations and deadlines.
- The Resident Manager processes applications for new residents in a timely manner.
- Complete initial income certification and annual re-certification procedures for all residents.
- Appropriately enforce the terms of the Lease Agreement and House Rules.
CHIP takes pride in its competitive benefits package.
- 14 paid Holidays, plus Sick Leave, plus Vacation Leave, plus Personal Leave
- We pay 100% of employee-only health insurance premium
- We pay 100% of employee-only $25,000 life insurance premium
- CHIP offers a 403b Retirement Plan. Ask about our contribution policy.
Employment with CHIP is at will for the Employee and the employer. CHIP is an equal opportunity employer.Minimum Education and Experience
About Community Housing Improvement Program, Inc.
Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) is a leading affordable housing nonprofit headquartered in Chico, California. We're a diverse team working hard to put a dent in California's affordable housing crisis. We create homeownership and rental opportunities in Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Glenn, Colusa, Sutter, and Yuba counties. Our programs serve seniors, farm labor families, people with disabilities, rural disadvantaged residents, and others who lack financial resources. Join us in building hope throughout the North Valley by making safe, healthy, affordable housing a reality for all.