OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: October 27, 2020
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Compliance Agent
STARTING SALARY: $ 17.47/ hr.
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inspects, regulates, monitors, and audits the gaming operation for compliance with all requirements
of the IGRA, Compact, Gaming Ordinance, Tribal Regulations, Casino Internal Control Systems and
the NIGC MICS to include surveillance operations as needed.
Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville
Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant
others,” in non-marital relationships.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts compliance checks, monitors slot machines, and all forms of Software (Eprom,
Compact Flash, Hard Drive, etc).
• Observe and monitor control chip changes and prepare appropriate reports.
• Examine, test and inspect gaming equipment. Conduct interviews of patron disputes and
• Monitors gaming activity investigates criminal violations and activities.
• Performs inspections and internal audits of all areas of the casino day to day operations as
required by Minimum Internal Control Standards.
• Operate surveillance monitoring equipment. Monitor customer and employee gaming
activities. Operates alarm, monitors, and control systems. Must keep accurate records and
logs. Observe surveillance monitoring equipment. Observe and report potential violations.
• Must be willing and able to work any shift including splits, evenings, weekends, and holidays
according to established procedures.
• Ensure that rules and laws applicable to the gaming operation are effectively enforced by
direct compliance and reporting violations to appropriate authorities as necessary. Must be
knowledgeable of all Susanville gaming enterprises, gaming policies and internal procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be knowledgeable of blackjack and other card table procedures.
Ability to inform and communicate orally and in writing in adverse and challenging situations.
Ability to process information effectively.
Ability to learn new materials and identify and define problems.
Must have knowledge of standard and accepted surveillance department methods and procedures.
Must possess the ability to interact with the public, fellow employees, tribal enterprises, county and
state agencies demonstrating respect, tact, courtesy, objectivity, and maturity to develop an effective
and cooperative working relationship.
Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have two (2) years of casino floor or regulatory compliance experience.
3. Must be 21 years of age or older.
4. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
5. Must meet requirements to qualify for a Gaming License.
6. Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any
Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses,
including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships.
7. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
8. Must pass pre-employment drug test.
9. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire date.
10. Must be willing to travel for training.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items,
driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Occasional exposure to objectional conditions or variations
such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and
• Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
• The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered
parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
• Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville
Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits
package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual
merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid
annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group
health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center
application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/
(SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements)
or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete
you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting
your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin
Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also
be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All
applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the