AGLAND ENGINEERING INC. is a Ferndale based conservation, natural resource management and agricultural
development company, currently seeking to develop & maintain apprentice candidates into associates with full
purposeful career employment, responsibilities and benefits.
Position: Resource Management Administrative Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships for up to two seasonal terms are offered in order to develop permanent position candidates with
an understanding of the human resource, stewardship and technical skill aspects of natural resource
management & conservation development.
Flexible hours and seasonal work other than summer may be offered for Humboldt State University, College of
the Redwoods Community College students, or local junior & senior high school candidates. Recent high school
graduates, college students or graduates may apply for the summer term internship.
Beginning Wage : Negotiable & based on work experience. The beginning/interim trial period wage will be at
minimum $14.00 per hour depending on experience with position duties (listed below).
Required Qualifications for all applicants (will be evaluated if an interview is granted):
• licensed driver in good standing; or has none and has not had one revoked or suspended.
• provide transportation to & from the vicinity of Ferndale.
• exhibit reading and writing literacy and basic keyboarding
• proficiency in MS Windows.
Position Performance to be Evaluated: Applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm for & ability to:
• practice confidentiality regarding clients & client property, associates & co-workers.
• communicate proactively, skillfully & effectively.
• work as a part of a team.
• be habitually organized.
• attend a regular work schedule with punctuality & diligence.
• proactive tendencies (other than communications)
Initial Position Duties:
• track & journalize daily job or overhead costs associated with administrative labor.
• post project labor, equipment and supplies (MS Excel).
• clerical organizing and filing.
• MS Windows (Windows Explorer) file management.
• reception, data entry and scheduling.
• services, marketing and real estate research and reporting.
Potential Position Duties:
• calendar and contact management (MS Outlook).
• data management: project tracking and reporting (MS Excel).
• word processing: and proofing (MS Word).
• trade show: & expeditionary support, including planning, scheduling, booking, and logistics support.
• equipment Maintenance: maintenance of software, computers and printers.
• surveys technician: assisting field surveyors during cruising, logging layout flagging or data collection during road &
• GIS: report and field map presentation creation and data management.
• grant document preparation and formatting assistance to grant writers.
• outreach: Web-site and social media maintenance.
Other desired qualifications, training, experience and/or skill: Study focus in Office Management, Business
Administration or Project Management, leadership role in high school or collegiate team athletics or other team
experiences; leadership training; proficiency with MS Excel, Word or GIS. Having these skills & experiences will
increase the beginning/interim trial period wage.
An application may be requested by emailing email@example.com. If licensed, a copy of a current DMV report
of driving record will be required to be provided with an application. Applicants less than 18 years of age will be
required to provide a Work Permit.