Jason Colbert Construction is looking for a Journeyman to join our team!
- Act in a supervisory roll to a team of tradesmen and laborers as well as perform production work in one to several trades depending on qualifications possessed
- The position assists other Team Leads and the Production Manager with daily operations
- Participate and learn in the multiple trades. Including: Insulation, drywall, painting, interior finishes etc.
- Accurately measure, cut, and join all building materials
- Proficient in use of power tools and hand tools
- Installation and finish of drywall panels on interior wall and ceiling surfaces
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structures
- Erect and align forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, stairs, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace.
- Install windows utilizing flashing systems to protect windows, doors, and other non-roof detail areas from the negative effects of water and moisture
- Understand specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Possess knowledge of common tools and equipment used in trades work, along with ways of maintaining and repairing them
- Uphold all applicable OSHA safety standards
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a journeyman tradesman or similar role
- Previous supervisory experience, including responsibility for training, mentoring, or evaluating.
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology in all trades
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety and quality standards covering construction, installations, finishing, and inspection.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, multi-task & prioritize to meet established goals & deadlines.
- Can analyze & resolve problems
- Excellent organizational, leadership & communication skills
- Display hand-to-eye coordination, mathematical skills, strength, and stamina
- Lift and/or pull 80 lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
Starting wage is $22.00 per hour
EOEMinimum Education and Experience