Community Housing Improvement Program is looking for a Construction Supervisor to supervise our self-help builders
The Construction Supervisor candidate should be able to perform the following tasks
- Effectively train and supervise our self-help builders in the construction of high quality, sustainable, safe, affordable housing.
- The Construction Supervisor should be able to organize work of self-Help builders, encourage cooperation and efficiency.
- Assure maximum efficiency and safety of the self-Help builders and materials.
- Oversee tool usage, inventory, and safe work conditions.
- The Construction Supervisor performs construction work to ensure our self-Help builders have sufficient work ahead of them.
Please Apply if You Have
- Professional building skills with journeyman or equivalent carpentry skills.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Strong people skills. You don’t mind getting lots of questions, checking in with people, giving guidance to help people get the job done, and solving issues among people when they arise.
- Reliable transportation. CHIP builds within a seven-county service area (Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Glenn, Colusa, Sutter, Yuba counties), and you may be assigned to any one of the current sites. Travel reimbursement is available per CHIP’s travel policy.
CHIP takes pride in its competitive benefits package.
- 14 paid Holidays, plus Sick Leave, plus Vacation Leave, plus Personal Leave
- We pay 100% of employee-only health insurance premium
- We pay 100% of employee-only $25,000 life insurance premium
- CHIP offers a 403b Retirement Plan. Ask about our contribution policy.
- Paid Mileage after 30 miles.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), Saturday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Sunday (dependent on project). Non-exempt Position. Pay is dependent upon experience starting at $22.00 – $24.00 per hour.Minimum Education and Experience