An experienced Controller who will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial management of the organization. The successful applicant will be responsible for accounting operations, production of periodic financial reports, supervision of accounting personnel and maintenance of accounting records.
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration and other activities.
- Coordinate and direct budgeting and financial planning. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain financial controls with the accounting department.
- Preparing and present financial reports.
- Create budgets and forecasts.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide support to management, particularly in financial matters.
- Create reports that help senior leadership understand company financials. Be responsible for the company general ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- Proven work experience in accounting or a related field.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of economic principles and banking.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on established deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.