Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a Full-Time or Extra Cook (Extra is not a benefited position). The primary job functions is to prepare, season and cook food for hospital patients, staff and visitors.
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Ensures meals are prepared at specified times and into servings according to menu combinations and patient diet orders.
– Consults with Dietary Services Manager and/or Clinical Dietician on modified diets, as necessary.
– Oversees Dietary Aides when washing or preparing food.
– Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
– Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts, meeting established dietary guidelines.
– Cooks meat, fish and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
– Tests foods being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as necessary.
– Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings.
– Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner. Observes infection control practices at all times.
– Ability to calculate measurements in recipes to increase or decrease servings.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– High school graduate or equivalent.
– Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
– Previous experience in hospital food preparation preferred.
– Maintains regulatory requirements, i.e. Food handling certificate, mandatory in-services, departmental in-services, attends required staff meetings.
– Must be detail oriented.
– Above average mental ability, good physical/mental health.
– Able to walk, bend, stoop, kneel and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job.
– Lift up to 25 pounds when necessary.
– Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance.
– Work in warm temperatures during the summer months.
$17.90 – $26.29 per hour
Dependent on Experience
Interested candidates may apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience