- Clearing fire hazards and debris from fields, creeks, and urban forest areas.
- Work with hand and power tools. Chainsaw certification will be taught if required.
- Outdoor work is performed in wide range of weather conditions, ranging from freezing to 100+ degree heat.
- Corpsmembers will be asked to work 3, 4, or 5 days a week for 8 hours per day.
- Complete uniform, appropriate PPE, and equipment necessary to do the job will be provided.
- Estimated Project: Training and Fuel Load Reduction: 8/23 to 3/26
- 18 to 26 years old
- Valid ID or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
Wage: $17.00 to start. With 3 successive months of satisfactory evaluations at work, Corpsmembers earn hourly raises. With satisfactory performance at work, Corpsmembers can also become eligible for promotions.
Call SRCC for more information: (916) 386-8394 x 278 or Sandra: (916) 477-0535Minimum Education and Experience