Tehama County Public Library
Red Bluff, CA
Salary: $79,911.89 – $97,133.40 Annually
Do you dream about working in a community where learning, imagination, and opportunity thrive? Do you love the idea of preserving history while providing educational support to Tehama County residents and their families? Are you innovative and inspiring with a firm belief in the ability to enhance the lives of others through reading and learning? Tehama County Public Library is seeking a County Librarian to manage and implement the Library’s programs, including outreach efforts, special projects, adult literacy, volunteers, and many other programs which promote a healthy and prosperous community.
The Tehama County Public Library in Red Bluff was completely renovated in 2017. The new structure is beautiful and modern. Continued support and donations from local organizations and grants have helped the Library grow and flourish. With advanced Library technology rapidly evolving, the entire collection of over 100,000 books is contained on a computer database, and all branches are linked by an automated circulation system. The “card catalog” is now on computer, available at each branch, and via the Internet from home.
The Library continues to function as a resource center, incorporating information found in books and on the Internet, to serve the public to the best of its ability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a supportive and encouraging environment, this is a great opportunity for qualified applicants.
This is a contracted, exempt, full-time management position. The salary for this position is $79,911.89 – $97,133.40 annually and may be subject to adjustment as the County is currently conducting a compensation study.
ABOUT THE COUNTY:
Nestled in the northern Sacramento Valley, Tehama County lies approximately midway between Sacramento and the Oregon border. The County sits alongside the beautiful Sacramento River and is only 50 miles west of Lassen National Park. Tehama County is the central point of widespread recreation, with nearby camping, hunting, fishing, golfing, snow skiing, and boating resources as good as or better than anywhere in California. Tehama County is home to approximately 64,000 people. In our County’s small-town atmosphere, you can experience the feeling of knowing your neighbors. Additionally, the mean travel time to work is only 23 minutes and the cost of living in Tehama County is lower than many other places in California.
- Supervisory concepts and principles
- Government budget preparation and administration
- The principles and practices of professional library science
- Administrative principles involved in developing, directing and supervising various public library programs
- Techniques for dealing effectively with the public, vendors, contractors and County staff, in person and over the telephone
- Planning, developing and directing an effective program of general library services
- Using independent judgment and discretion in supervising various programs
- Effectively preparing and controlling the department budget
- Speaking effectively in public
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in library science. (There is no substitution for the required Master’s degree.)
- Four (4) to six (6) years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in a library or education setting is required. Three (3) years of professional experience in a public library is highly desirable.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact:
Tehama County Personnel
530-527-4183 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com and search for the job title to apply online.Minimum Education and Experience