Superior Court of California
County of Tehama
*NOTE: FROM THIS RECRUITMENT AN ELIGIBILITY LIST MAY ALSO BE CREATED
Job Title: Court Office Assistant
SALARY: $32,240.00 /yr. (plus benefit package)
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2023 by 12:00 p.m.
TENATATIVE INTERVIEW DATES: April 4, 2023
Under the direction of the Division Manager, performs general varied clerical work of average
difficulty; maintains complex files and records; and performs other related duties as required.
- Public information and communication techniques;
- General clerical office procedures, including typing.
- Maintain confidential information in accordance with legal standards and other regulations and
- Prepare and maintain files;
- Deliver a variety of items such as files, exhibits, and documents;
- Research and track the location of files manually or by using the appropriate computer system;
- Place documents into appropriate files, and shelve or file numerically;
- Photocopy and collate documents;
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute mail;
- Access electronically stored information;
- Retrieve files placed in storage;
- Prepare and place dated files into storage;
- Act as a resource for other employees on files and records maintained;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with internal and external customers (includes
the public, justice partners, co-workers, managers/supervisors and judicial officers) in person,
over the telephone, via email and/or other written forms.
- Respond to requests for background information;
- Prepare various court packets;
- Maintain logs;
- Provide general clerical assistance which may include public contact;
- Process closed files for storage on microfilm or on other electronic media;
- May handle money and receipting; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Public information and communication techniques;
- General clerical office procedures.
- Perform clerical work requiring judgment and accuracy.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- File numerically and alphabetically.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Effectively communicate—verbally and in written form.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Input and access electronic information.
- Type at a moderate rate of speed.
- Maintain the integrity of the records system.
- Lift and move containers of files weighing twenty-five pounds, and occasionally move boxes weighing up to forty pounds.
- Bend, reach, and crouch to shelve and retrieve files.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work in a normal office environment.
- Work effectively with others.
NOTE: This knowledge and these abilities are typically attained by any combination of education or training in clerical/secretarial experience which has included one (1) year of general office experience and data processing activities.
High school diploma or GED.
One year of clerical experience involving public contact, legal, clerical or a closely related field.
Work environment involves some potential physical risk and no hazardous conditions; use of standard office equipment (telephone, copier, fax, personal computer, etc.); some standing and walking; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; ability to lift according to the Labor Code regulation limit; ability to work under demanding conditions. This is a normal office working environment.
Any candidate employed by the Tehama Superior Court, County of Tehama, will be required to submit to Live Scan Fingerprinting as a condition of employment, should an offer be made.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- The Court offers health, vision, and dental insurance plans for the employee and qualifying family members.
- Vacation: 12 days through 4th year; 18 days through 10th year; 21 days through 20th year; 22.5 days after 21 years.
- The court provides a defined benefit retirement plan through California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama is creating an eligibility list for the position of Court Office Assistant. All applicants must submit a completed Superior Court of California, County of Tehama employment application, resume, and cover letter, which clearly demonstrates their qualifications for this position. Incomplete application packets will not be accepted for consideration. Application and materials may be submitted by mail or personal delivery no later than 12:00 p.m. on March 30, 2023. No postmarks accepted.
The court application can be downloaded from the Tehama Superior Court Website at http://www.tehamacourt.ca.gov.
Tehama Superior Court
1740 Walnut St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Attn: Michelle Rotherham
Telephone: 530-529-6101 Fax: 530-527-4974
The selection process is subject to change. Applicants will be notified if changes are made. A
screening panel will select a number of the most highly qualified applicants. Please note not all applicants will receive an interview. Those applicants selected by the panel will be invited to an interview. The top candidates will be placed on an eligibility list established for a six (6) month period from the closing date of the interview process. This eligibility list will be used for any future open vacancies for this position within the six (6) month period.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tehama Superior Court is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity to all
persons with respect to hiring practices, compensation, benefits, promotional opportunities, and
other terms and conditions of employment regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, marital status, or political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal and state laws. If you require accommodations in the application or interview process, contact Human Resources at the number listed above before the deadline posted on the job announcement.