- A lump sum bonus will be paid upon the successful completion of a one-year probationary period; $5,000 for full-time, $2,500 for part-time.
- Comparable real-time pay stipend: Paid to reporters who are voluntarily willing to provide real-time reporting.
Copies: $0.15 cents per folio (to the party who purchased the original); $0.20 cents per folio (to the party who did not purchase the original.)
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Take and transcribe the verbatim record of court proceedings.
- May perform real time reporting for the bench officers of Shasta County Superior Court.
- Prepare transcripts in proper legal form and within the timelines established by the California Rules of Court.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Bench Officers, Manager and Supervising Court Reporter.
- Applicable federal and state statutes, regulations, and state and local rules relating to court reporting services;
- Complex legal, medical, technical, and administrative terminology, phraseology, documents, and procedures;
- Local slang vocabulary;
- Grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation;
- Court reporting and transcription equipment; and
- Courtroom procedures and protocol.
- Make a verbatim record of court proceedings, often of a technical nature and at a high rate of speed;
- Identify speakers properly;
- Accurately reflect the introduction of exhibits or evidence;
- Proficiently read back testimony in open court;
- Promptly prepare transcripts of proceedings when appropriate;
- Operate and maintain computerized transcription equipment and peripherals in good working condition;
- Maintain confidential information where legal standards so require;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with bench officers and court staff; and
- Deal professionally and courteously with the bar and the general public.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION INFORMATION
- Complete all requested information fully.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and your application will be rejected if you write statements such as “See/Refer to Resume” or “See Attached.”
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess.
- Minimum requirements must be met at the time of filing.
- If you held multiple positions with the same employer, please list each job title and duties separately.
- The work experience portion of your application profile should account for all employment within the last 10 years, including your current or most recent position. Include U.S. Military Service, self-employment, and relevant unpaid volunteer work.
- Explain gaps between any employment periods by way of a separate attachment to the application.
Shasta County Superior Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Arrangements may be made to accommodate applicants with disabilities by informing Human Resources in writing or by telephone at the time of application.