Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an extra COVID-19 Laboratory Technologist. The
position reports to the Laboratory Manager and the individual is responsible the independent production of
accurate and timely COVID-19 laboratory test results.
– Performs SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) molecular testing in a timely manner in accordance with the
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and in compliance with state and federal regulations including
– Accurately identifies patient samples, properly assesses sample integrity, and correctly documents the
– Promptly reports positive results to infection control and accurately documents the reporting.
– Appropriately utilizes laboratory reagents and notifies laboratory manager of reagent inventory.
– Able to recognize deviation or potential for deviation from protocol and notifies laboratory manager for
– Adept at precise repetitive manual pipetting.
– Able to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
– Uses and understands verbal and written communication to interact with staff.
– Willingly assists with other duties as assigned.
– Does not perform any non-waived testing outside of COVID-19 testing.
– Master’s, or bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, or medical
technology from an accredited institution
– Qualifies as CLIA high-complexity testing personnel under 42 CFR section 493.1489 for the purpose of
performing COVID-19 testing under California Executive Order N-25-20.
– Basic computer knowledge required.
– Knowledge of molecular biology methodology preferred.
Apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org. EOE.