SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA
COUNTY OF TEHAMA
JOB TITLE: Court Services Assistant I (Eligibility List)
SALARY: $31,459.86 – $38,338.88/yr. plus benefit package
CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2020 by 12:00 p.m.
TENTATIVE INTERVIEW DATE: March 24, 2020
Under the direction of the Division Manager, performs general clerical duties in support of the Superior Court while learning to apply court/legal practices and procedures applicable to assigned work unit. May attend court to record and/or assist in proceedings; prepares official record of court proceedings; prepares and maintains related documents, and performs related duties as assigned.
- Public information and communication techniques;
- General clerical office procedures, including typing.
- Work rapidly and accurately and make decisions under pressure; make arithmetic calculations;
- Learn principles and practices of case calendaring;
- Operate general office equipment;
- Understand regulations and policies governing court operations;
- Remain current with changes in law and procedure affecting work;
- Maintain accurate record and document actions taken;
- Organize and prioritize work assignments;
- Prepare and complete court forms and record court actions in summary and/or narrative form consistent with established procedure;
- Learn laws, regulations, and professional practices governing court operations; fine, bail and sentencing procedures;
- Identify problems in procedures and suggest workable solutions;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Work effectively with others;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Possess knowledge of general clerical office procedures, including typing and record keeping; the ability to prepare accurate summaries and reports; to understand and interpret the principles of law procedures; to work rapidly and accurately. The ability to identify clerical problems and suggest viable solutions; to communicate effectively in written and oral form; to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted on the job; and to operate office equipment as necessary in the performance of daily activities
- Ability to understand and remain current with laws, regulations and policies governing court operations; to research regulations; procedures and/or legal reference materials.
- To communicate effectively and prepare written reports and records in a clear, concise manner.
High school diploma or GED.
One year of clerical experience involving public contact, legal, clerical or a closely related field.
NOTE: This knowledge and these abilities are typically attained by any combination of education or training in clerical/secretarial experience which has included one (1) year of general office experience, document preparation and data processing activities.
Work environment involves some potential physical risk and no hazardous conditions; use of standard office equipment (telephone, copier, fax, personal computer, etc.); some standing and walking; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; ability to lift according to the Labor Code regulation limit; ability to work under demanding conditions. This is a normal office working environment.
Any candidate employed by the Tehama Superior Court, County of Tehama, will be required to submit to Live Scan Fingerprinting as a condition of employment, should an offer be made.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- The Court offers health, vision, and dental insurance plans for the employee and qualifying family members.
- Vacation: 12 days through 4th year; 18 days through 10th year; 21 days through 20th year; 22.5 days after 21 years.
- The court provides a defined benefit retirement plan through California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama is creating an eligibility list for the position of Court Services Assistant I. All applicants must submit a completed Superior Court of California, County of Tehama employment application, resume, and cover letter, which clearly demonstrates their qualifications for this position. Incomplete application packets will not be
accepted for consideration. Application and materials may be submitted by mail or personal delivery no later than 12:00 p.m. on March 20, 2020. No postmarks accepted. The court application can be downloaded from the Tehama Superior Court Website at http://www.tehamacourt.ca.gov.
Tehama Superior Court
1740 Walnut St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Attn: Michelle Rotherham
Telephone: 530-527-3484 Fax: 530-527-4974
he selection process is subject to change. Applicants will be notified if changes are made. A screening panel will select a number of the most highly qualified applicants. Please note not all
applicants will receive an interview. Those applicants selected by the panel will be invited to an interview. The top candidates will be placed on an eligibility list established for a six (6) month period from the closing date of the interview process. This eligibility list will be used for any future open vacancies for this position within the six (6) month period.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tehama Superior Court is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity to all persons with respect to hiring practices, compensation, benefits, promotional opportunities, and other terms and conditions of employment regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, marital status, or political affiliation, or any other factor protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you require accommodations in the application or interview process, contact Human Resources at the number listed above before the deadline posted on the job announcement.Minimum Education and Experience