Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full-time, benefit eligible Credentialing Aide. Under the
direction of the Medical Records Director, the Credentialing Aide is responsible for the coordination and preparation of
medical staff functions, providing support to the revenue cycle process, and assists the accounting department, at the
Last Frontier Healthcare District.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Attends medical staff committee meetings, prepares monthly calendars, agendas, and information packets as
appropriate. Sends notices or calls members as appropriate or upon the request of the Chief of Staff.
• Maintains confidential credential files on all members of the medical staff, including current staff status,
current licensure and other certifications and current clinical privileges.
• Coordinates the credentialing, appointment and reappointment processes, obtains necessary data for each
• Assists with the communication log.
• Demonstrates awareness of the responsibilities of the position and how it interfaces with the rest of the
healthcare team. Works closely with all department members as required.
• Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement
activities, as it pertains to this job. Maintains performance improvement activities for department.
• Documentation meets current standards and policies.
• MCAL and PHP recredentialing, as would every 3-year CMS re-validation (855A & 855B)
• Corresponds with credentialing groups in getting information needed to file and fill out credentialing forms for
the facility to be in network.
• Process deposits each day, verified accuracy of receipts and scans deposits to business office or outsourced
business office vender (HRG) when requested to do so by supervisor.
• Serves as back up to the Revenue Cycle Coordinator when needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Five or more years of previous hospital experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• 10 key proficient preferred.
• Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
• Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
• Accounting experience preferred.
• Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience