Job Title: Crew Laborer
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Crew Laborer – Under direct supervision, performs a variety of work in the cleanup and repair of Town infrastructure (due to Camp Fire damage) including, streets, parks, buildings, and drainage facilities and systems; uses and operates a variety of tools and performs related duties as assigned.
Crew Laborer: Initially under close supervision, incumbents learn Town infrastructure and use of tools and equipment. As experience is gained, assignments become more varied and complex and close supervision and frequent review of work lessen as an incumbent demonstrates skill to perform the work independently. Work is usually supervised while in progress and fits an established structure or pattern. Exceptions or changes in procedures are explained in detail as they arise.
- Performs cleanup and repair activities of Town streets, roadways, curbs, sidewalks, and drainage infrastructure; maintains and repairs asphalt pavement, concrete, traffic and street signs, and pavement markings due to Camp Fire damage
- Performs routine cleaning, inspection, and preventative maintenance work for Town buildings.
- Inspects, cleans, maintains, and repairs storm drains and catch basins.
- Trims and prunes bushes, trees, and shrubs and removes weeds to provide clearance of roadways, easements, sidewalks, and signs.
- Maintains Town parks, landscaping, medians, and right-of-way areas; Maintains, monitors, troubleshoots, and programs park irrigation systems; repairs sprinklers, booster pumps, water feature pumps, backflows, main lines, and valves.
- Waters, mows, weeds, renovates, and fertilizes lawns; plants, prunes, and cares for trees, shrubs, groundcovers, and flowers.
- Operates and maintains hand and power tools, vehicles, and a variety of light, medium, and heavy equipment related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of Town infrastructure.
- Observes safe work methods and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition, including securing equipment at the close of the workday.
- Installs street barricades and cones and controls traffic around work sites, accidents, and special events to ensure safe conditions for the general public and Town staff
- Maintains accurate logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
No previous work experience is required. Previous experience in the field of maintenance or construction is highly desirable.
Must possess mobility to work in the field; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work; to sit, stand, and walk on level, uneven, or slippery surfaces; frequently reach, twist, turn, kneel, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb and descend ladders, to operate varied hand and power tools and construction equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle and visit various Town sites; and vision to inspect and operate equipment. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to operate and repair tools and equipment. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects averaging a weight of 50 pounds or heavier weights, in all cases with the use of proper equipment and/or assistance from other staff.
Employees work in the field and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, road hazards, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. Employees may interact with members of the public under emotionally stressful conditions while interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks
Minimum Salary: 17.96 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume to Janine Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Crew Laborer” as the subject
TOWN OF PARADISE
Paradise, CA 95969
Contact: Janine Gomez
Phone: (530) 616-0519Minimum Education and Experience