Artistic Endeavors is an Artistic Day Center for persons with developmental disabilities who wish to expand their creativity. Our program provides a non-structured, peaceful environment where people can experiment with the creative process. We are an alternative to traditional day programs; we are an experience. We are not a place; we are a journey!
Role: The Cricut Instructor provides support to consumers in all areas for which the Cricut/Jewelry/Craft department is responsible. The Cricut Instructor must know how to create projects using a Cricut as well as instructing and assisting consumers in assorted jewelry and craft projects. Other duties may include accompanying consumers on recreational outings and assisting with activities. The instructor will help provide structure so that consumers can accomplish their goals and enjoy the program.
- Instruct consumers on how to create Cricut, jewelry and crafts projects.
- Must have knowledge of different presses such as T-shirt press, hat press, cup press…
- Help maintain conditions that assure consumer health and safety during working hours.
- Report immediately any and all suspected abuse of any nature by anyone to APS.
- Be consumer oriented and be able to relate to all consumers and their needs with a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Directly deliver individual and group learning experiences in various activities related to crafts.
- Assists each consumer in obtaining his/her artistic goals.
- Keep a record of projects and progress.
- Keep inventory and clean up your area daily
- Maintain general upkeep of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director to accomplish goals of the program as related to activities and consumer’s progress.
Work hours: 8:45a.m. To 1:45p.m.
High School Degree
Cricut/Jewelry/Craft experience required
Experience providing service in a human field, preferably with developmentally disabled people.
One year experience, in a related or equivalent field.
Confidentiality: Confidentiality will be maintained on all matters concerning clients, the Program and any personal information you receive as a result of the position you hold.Minimum Education and Experience