The Custodian position at the Glenn County General Services Department performs a variety of custodial / janitorial duties throughout the County of Glenn. These may include but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, buffing and polishing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets; spot cleaning carpets; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms; cleaning / sweeping exterior walkways, removing trash and debris. Receives immediate supervision from the Lead Custodian or other higher-level supervisory and
management staff. This position is scheduled to work Monday – Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. forty (40) hours per week. This position is subject to full background check, DMV driving record and preemployment medical screenings.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have previous experience performing janitorial or
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Performs general custodial duties, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, buffing and polishing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets; spot cleaning carpets; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms; cleaning / dusting furniture, appliances and other surfaces; polishing furniture and other wood surfaces; cleaning glass windows and doors; cleaning metal surfaces; emptying ash trays and trash cans, etc.
• Performs exterior cleaning duties, including but not limited to cleaning / sweeping exterior walkways, porches, steps, etc.; removing trash and debris; cleaning door mats; washing exterior windows; removing
• Monitors and refills cleaning and paper supplies.
• Secures doors and windows; turns lights on/off.
• Reports building maintenance and repair needs to appropriate staff person(s).
ARE WE A MATCH?
• You are able to operate a variety of equipment and tools used in custodial work.
• You have knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work.
• You are able to communicate effectively with co-workers and the public.
• You have knowledge of safe methods of using equipment and handling chemicals used in the performance of work.
• You are able to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects, up to 100 pounds occasionally, and up to
40 pounds daily, as necessary to perform job functions.
Some janitorial/custodial experience is desirable.
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
$15.58-$18.02 Per Hour (Shift Differential Pay: $1.50 Per Hour)
New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range.
Plus an excellent benefits package.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, October 14, 2022.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application
• Cover Letter
About County of Glenn
About Glenn County Glenn County has a population of 28,122 and is located mid-way between
Sacramento and Redding in Northern California. Glenn County is primarily an agricultural community with
mountains on the west, the Sacramento River bounding the east side and the Interstate 5 corridor taking you
through the rich farm land of the County. With over 1,188 farms, agriculture remains the primary source of
Glenn County's economy. Major commodities include rice, almonds, milk products, prunes, bees and