OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: January 11, 2021
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Custodian
STARTING SALARY: $14.78/hr.
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time (40 per week)
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, performs landscaping and general custodial duties as necessary to maintain grounds and facilities.
1. Mows grass, plows snow, waters lawns, feeds and trims shrubs, and regularly inspects assigned work areas to insure proper standards are maintained.
2. Operates lawn and grounds equipment including power mowers, snow blowers, and other power equipment.
3. Repairs and maintains sidewalks and parking lots.
4. Removes refuse and trash from grounds.
5. Observes safe working practices, including maintaining storage areas in safe working condition.
6. Adjusts, cleans, and performs minor mechanical work on grounds equipment.
7. Maintains inventory of supplies.
8. Applies pesticides as necessary.
9. Cleans restrooms, lobbies, office, and break room areas.
10. Cleans carpets using a carpet extractor.
11. Maintains vinyl floors; operates a floor buffer, strips and waxes floors.
12. Reports all safety or fire hazards immediately.
13. Locks Tribal Facility doors and gates as necessary.
14. Maintains SIR sprinkler systems.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be physically able to perform heavy labor and maneuver equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Knowledge of safety practices and equipment related to grounds keeping work.
3. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
4. Ability to complete assignments without immediate supervision.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and tenants.
6. Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends or other hours as required.
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable as determined by the Susanville Rancheria insurance provider.
The work requires moderate physical exertion such as long periods of standing, repetitively lifting lightweight objects with frequent bending or stooping, recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as lawn mowers, wheelbarrows, ladders, and ramps. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 50 pounds). Job requires average agility and dexterity.
Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, industrial chemicals, or dirty and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, boots, and goggles.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid
annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan.
1st Preference Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference Non-Native applicant.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s License. In addition, you must provide an additional statement on how you meet the qualifications.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530)257-1895.