Job Title: Custodian
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under general supervision, to follow a schedule in the performance of custodial and light maintenance duties required to maintain assigned rooms, equipment, buildings and adjacent areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Perform the full range of custodial and light maintenance duties involved in cleaning and maintaining assigned room, equipment, buildings and adjacent areas.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, wax and polish floors; vacuum rugs and carpets.
- Dust, wash and polish furniture and woodwork.
- Wash windows, walls, sinks and fountains.
- Clean restrooms; fill paper and soap dispensers.
- Polish metalwork.
- Clean chalkboards and trays.
- Clean, stack and store furniture and equipment; perform minor repairs to furniture and equipment.
- Perform special custodial work for faculty members or supervisors, including moving, arranging and setting up furniture and equipment for sporting and special events and meetings.
- Change light globes and tubes and diffusers.
- Turn out lights and secure area by locking doors, windows and gates.
- Empty and clean pencil sharpeners and waste receptacles.
- Perform routine grounds keeping duties, including picking up paper and other refuse and debris on grounds, sweeping sidewalks and entrances and setting up sprinklers.
- Maintain equipment used in the course of work; report any emergency, safety, health, or fire hazards
- Operate a variety of hand and power equipment and tools, including buffer, wet/dry vacuum cleaners, drills, sanders and other custodial equipment and tools.
- Transport goods from one location to another as assigned; unload supplies off trucks.
- Assist in performing routine maintenance duties, including repairing hinges, doors, hose connections, desks and chairs; and performing routine painting, plumbing and other related maintenance tasks using hand and power tools.
- Direct students assigned to detention duties.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- One year of work experience, preferably in the custodial field.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate:
- Ability to obtain an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 15.07 Hour Maximum Salary: 18.31 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: http://www.chicousd.org/
How to Apply: To apply visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1338290
CHICO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
1163 E. 7th Street Chico, CA 95928