Tehama County Department of Education
Salary Range: $15.90-$22.08 per hour
Hours: 4:30 pm – 12:30 am
Under minimal supervision, this position performs semi-skilled or unskilled tasks in the upkeep and repair of the departments facilities and grounds and is responsible for keeping the buildings and grounds clean, orderly, properly maintained and in compliance with District, County, State and Federal requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks, which may be found in positions within this classification.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and cleanliness of TCDE properties.
- Coordinate and assist trade skills such as minor building and related equipment repairs.
- Light touch-up painting.
- Remove graffiti.
- Do regular and routine maintenance of all equipment.
- Empty waste receptacles, wash walls and windows.
- Wash, scrub and disinfects restrooms as needed.
- Wash all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year and more frequently if necessary.
- General clean-up of all areas on campus to ensure a safe environment.
- Lock or secure doors and windows; open classrooms for authorized personnel.
- May order, pick up, deliver and maintain inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies used in the work.
- Set up and dismantle chairs and tables for various school events.
- Perform grounds-keeping and landscape maintenance functions as required.
- Replace light bulbs and other lighting fixtures.
- May check appliances and equipment as to operational safety.
- Report fire, sanitation or other hazards to proper sources.
- Drive frequently for department business.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of the 12th grade or equivalent.
- One year of practical experience in custodial, building maintenance and/or grounds desirable.
- Valid California Driver’s License and evidence of insurance.
- First Aid Certificate preferred.
- General custodial/janitorial concepts of cleaning spaces and maintaining equipment.
- Basic rules and regulations with regard to cleaning chemicals in a school environment.
- Ordering and inventory maintenance of supplies and inventory.
- General grounds-keeping and landscape maintenance.
- Safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment.
- Minor building and structural repairs.
Go to edjoin.org/tcde and apply to appropriate position.Minimum Education and Experience