Red Bluff Joint Union High School District
1525 Douglass Street/P.O. Box 1507
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Wage: $16.17 – $17.71 DOE
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CLASSIFIED POSITION
2021-2022 School Year
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is seeking applicants for a Custodian, 8 hours per day, and 260 paid days per year, to begin immediately. Swing shift (2:30 pm – 11:00 pm) while school is in session and day shift while school is recessed.
SALARY AND TERMS OF SERVICE
Present salary based on 260 paid days per year, 8 hours per day, $16.07 to $17.71 per hour, depending on previous experience and training. Health benefits are based on a tiered rate system according to employee coverage type paid for by the District. Amount of employee contribution will depend on the plan selected.
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, terms, and methods used in building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to properly use tools and power equipment for custodial, building, and grounds maintenance work
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Possession of a valid California Drivers’ License
- Education equivalent to completion of high school and a minimum of one year related experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Sweeps, mops, waxes and scrubs floors; dusts, waxes, washes, and polishes furniture and woodwork; empties and cleans waste receptacles; washes windows and walls; cleans restrooms; sweeps sidewalks and areas around buildings; moves and arranges furniture and equipment; cleans fountains; polishes metal work; replaces light bulbs and replenishes supplies; checks lights and locks on doors and windows; makes minor repairs and reports the need for other repairs; takes care of equipment and materials used in custodial work; operates power cleaning equipment; moves, arranges furniture and equipment for athletic or special events and meetings; may paint or do other miscellaneous maintenance work as directed.
- Assists in planting lawns, trees and shrubs; rakes leaves and lawns; picks up rubbish and paper and does general grounds cleaning; prepares and maintains ground around plants and shrubs; does other general utility work such as loading and unloading trucks, setting bleachers, building fences, and lining, grading and preparing athletic fields; repairs and replaces sprinkler systems; cleans drains; does minor blacktop and cement work.
- All applications and related materials will be held in strict confidence and are to be submitted to Edjon.org
For more information, contact:
Sandy Wallace, Director of Human Resources; firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a candidate you must submit:
a. Letter of Interest
b. Complete Application
c. Current Resume
c. Three Current Letters of Recommendation
- To be considered, you must have all of the above on file. This position is open until filled. Selected applicants will be invited to participate in the interview process. A finalist will be recommended to the Superintendent by the interview panel and the Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo an employment physical examination and a background check including a fingerprint clearance, paid for by the District.
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or mental or physical disability. (Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 Vocational Rehabilitation)Minimum Education and Experience