Support Job Description:
What we’re good at
We are one of the top independent insurance agencies in the area. We’re proud to have built a reputation for integrity and first-class service among our clients, partners, and the communities that we serve. We’re on a mission to build long lasting relationships with our clients, have a positive societal impact through our work, and build an inclusive culture where all people can thrive and do their best work.
Teamwork, personal excellence, and growth matters to us, and we know it matters to you, too! When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to continue learning, develop new skills, and grow personally and professionally. We celebrate achievement and reward our employees for their great ideas, attitude, and teamwork.
When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Work-life balance and employee well-being
- A supportive, diverse, people-first culture and mindset
- A voice at the table to create constructive change and work on purposeful products.
- Time dedicated to professional development.
What you’re good at
You’re a self-starter and an independent learner who enjoys mastering new skills quickly. With very little supervision, you anticipate needs, take action and create efficiencies. You’re organized and know the art of building relationships with teammates, clients and vendors. This role performs a wide range of duties across planning, education, research and analysis for both existing and prospective clients. Using your impeccable communication skills and work ethic, you will apply critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate agency needs and client questions.
When you join us, we expect you to:
- Cultivate strong relationships with – and serve as the main point of contact for your portfolio of clients, key vendors, and carriers.
- Respond to clients, insurance carriers, sales team, and supervisors’ correspondences and requests in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Research and present answers to client questions about their policies and coverage.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on carrier products, guidelines, underwriting, and legislative changes in order to make effective recommendations to clients.
- Analyze and compare current exposures to develop renewal or new business specs for marketing.
- Process and submit new and renewal clients for marketing and placement, review and summarize quotes for competitiveness and accuracy, and negotiate rates when appropriate.
- Prepare proposals with the help of the sales team for client presentations.
- Execute accurate invoicing and financing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Process and check policies, endorsements, endorsement requests, and audits for accuracy.
- Manage, submit, and follow-up with claims throughout the claims process.
- Prepare and manage timetables, summaries and/or schedules for the entire book of business with regard to coverage, renewals, deliverables, and marketing strategy.
What you’ll bring to our team:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills and aptitude for learning new technology.
- Positive attitude, good listening skills and empathy
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Works with integrity and a high-level of confidentiality
Apply now!Experience with MS Word, Excel, and OutlookMinimum Education and Experience