This position is located within a National Forest. The primary purpose of this position is to perform services such as greeting visitors, answering telephones, responding to routine inquiries from a variety of customers and providing overall support to the administrative staff on the unit.
Wage Rate: $33,693 – $49,009 per year
- Duties are listed at full performance grade level.
- Provides a full range of standard and non-standard assignments resolving a variety of non-recurring problems.
- The incumbent must identify and understand the issues involved in each assignment and determine what steps and procedures are necessary and the order of their performance.
- Reads and keeps apprised of organizational and Agency-wide directives and procedures in order to be aware of changes and new requirements affecting the work of the organization.
- Such procedures concern preparation and processing of correspondence, reports, and forms; hard-copy and electronic filing; mail procedures; preparation of travel vouchers; and, security procedures.
- Provides explanations of office functions, describing specific requirements, providing basic instructions, or a similar degree of detail. Performs data entry and typing tasks as needed.
- Greets visitors and answers the telephone.
- Uses word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of standardized documents using a glossary of prerecorded formats, form letters, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-Verify.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management’s General Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as necessary.