The Cutter/Marker is responsible for cutting and marking products based upon the pattern from the production office. Marks and labels various products to insure that the sewers have the proper product. Yates Gear is certified to the ISO9001:2008 Standard. Applicant must be willing to comply with the standard.
Reports to the Cutting Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a hot cutter, a clicker press and a table type stack fabric cutter safely and accurately.
- Identify all web types and hardware.
- Responsible for reading and writing out the parts cut list and discrepancies.
- Correctly operate a hand held wheel cutter (Bosch) or equivalent.
- Interpret drawings, diagrams, work orders and visual aids.
- Assist in the inventory regarding the webbing, hardware and other products.
Follow all YATES GEAR, INC, policies/procedures. Will observe safety rules & regulations. Report any unsafe situations immediately to the Cutting Supervisor.
- Training available (initial skills assessment required)
- General Education Required.
- The ability to communicate, read and write in the English Language is required.
- Ability to read a basic tape measure and understand basic math.
- Must be able to perform efficiently and effectively to meet close deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work under the direction of the Cutter Supervisor.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and take initiative.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with physical limitations to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch 20% of the time and walk 20% of the time.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to be seated approximately 60% of the time.
- The above percentages are an approximate. The physical demands my change periodically.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 35 lbs and drag 70 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.