ProPacific Fresh exists to serve our customers. We are committed to providing our customers with best-in-class products, individualized customer service and solutions-driven performance. We are innovative, responsive and driven by excellence in everything we do.
As the preeminent fresh food distributor in our marketplace, we will continually strive to provide our customers with exceptional products, service and value. We are driven by a passion to be the best at everything we do; our name is synonymous with quality and service. Our company is comprised of empowered, responsible and efficient employees dedicated to the success of our customers, our company and each other.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for safely delivering ProPacific Fresh products to customers in a timely and efficient manner. As part of the Transportation Department, Delivery Drivers collectively provide the best customer experience when interacting with both internal and external customers. All functions must be completed in accordance with ProPacific Fresh Customer Delivery Protocols.
TITLE: Delivery Driver
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
Salary: $18/hr with possible increase after 90 days
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintains excellent productivity rates to achieve customer delivery windows.
- Efficiently and accurately delivers customer orders.
- Adheres to all aspects of delivery SOPs (delivery manifest, DVIRs, DOT Logs, check in and check out procedures, pre and post trip inspections, etc.).
- Delivers a formal and professional business transaction with every customer every delivery.
- Consistently creates a positive customer experience.
- Effectively communicates all delivery challenges or discrepancies.
- Interacts professionally with internal customers and other departments.
- Adheres to all pertinent Transportation SOPs, especially time punching and taking breaks.
- Embraces training on Safety and incorporates what is learned into the everyday performance.
- Excellent attendance.
- Consistently displays a positive and cooperative attitude
- Complies with grooming and appearance requirements.
- Reports all opportunities to improve customer service, support company growth and/or perfect department performance.
- Completes backhauls as required.
- Will contribute to the overall success and continued evolution of ProPacific Fresh by creatively adding value to the organization whether indicated within these job duties or not. Will partake in tasks assigned that are outside the scope of this job description, but within the capabilities of the employee
Our ideal Delivery Driver …..
- cultivates positive customer relationships.
- has excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
- is a problem solver and offers solutions.
- contributes positively to company morale and is a consummate team player.
- willingly exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done.
- is driven by excellence and is self-motivated.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum 1 year driving experience required or six months foodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required. Experience delivering food products preferred.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, safety and quality.
- Knowledge of FMCSA rules and regulations (HOS, DVIR, DOT).
- Ability to work well and contribute positively in a team environment.
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to pass Pre Employment Physical and Pre Employment Drug Screen, work in extreme weather conditions and be able to work in confined spaces.
- Frequent standing and/or walking.
- Frequent sitting, steering wheel manipulation and truck gear shift while operating commercial motor vehicles.
- Frequent use of hand truck, straps, metal ramp, truck door, dolly.
- Frequent In/Out of Truck/Trailer (vertical steps 12″ and 20″) to cab. On/Off ramp and platform of trailer. Use of stairs and delivery ramps.
- Frequent lifting of 1-50 lbs. and turn body, occasionally up to 100lbs.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Frequent use of both hands and arms: reaching, grasping and carrying.
- Constant use of visual and hearing abilities required to perform essential job functions and maintain safety standards.
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy and strength to successfully perform position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold and hot conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Delivery Driver” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience