Rolling Hills Clinic
Corning & Red Bluff locations
The Dental Assistant will function as a circulating assistant in chairside dental procedures, under the direction of the Dental Clinic Manager. The Dental Assistant will perform all dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials. This position will be required to travel between Rolling Hills Clinic sites to help fill the temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Ability to perform standard and radiographic methods. Expose process and mount diagnostic radiographs.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Perform the following supportive tasks to ensure efficiency of patient flow: clean, sterilize instruments, and set up trays.
- Maintain and test equipment (sterilizer, x-ray dosimetry, x-ray processor, etc.) including daily lubrication of equipment.
- Effectively pour models and conduct other lab procedures.
- Ability to instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the dentist.
- Review and document inventory and reorder supplies as necessary to maintain par levels.
- Perform charting activities and document exam findings in patient record.
- Maintain clean, orderly and well stocked operatory and laboratory.
- Ability to plan work duties to ensure dental clinic efficiency.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling procedures.
- Work in conjunction with Staff Dentists/Dental team to develop and implement preventive dental activities for the community.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current BLS CPR Certification.
- One year of experience as Dental Assistant.
- Must have a Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal liability automobile insurance as required by California state law.
- Must be familiar with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
Go to rhclinic.org/employment