Job Opportunity: Dental Assistant / Registered Dental Assistant (Extra Per Diem)
Organization: Modoc Medical Center
Location: Canby Clinic
Position Type: Extra Per Diem (Non-benefited)
Modoc Medical Center is currently seeking applications for an Extra Per Diem Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Assistant at our Canby Clinic. Please note that this position does not include benefits. The Registered Dental Assistant, under the supervision of the Clinic Manager, performs the same duties and responsibilities as the Dental Assistant but also has additional supervisory responsibilities.
Wage Range: DA $18.38 – $27.80 RDA $21.04 – $31.82 Plus $2.88 for Per Diem
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Accurately prepares dental materials as needed, ensuring efficient use without wastage.
- Retrieves patient charts in advance of each dental day and checks forms for updates.
- Files patient charts and X-rays at the end of each dental day.
- Maintains a clean and sterile working environment.
- Prepares patients for examinations and ensures appropriate X-rays are taken.
- Assists the provider in performing extractions and other orthodontic procedures.
- Carries out the scope of practice as directed by the Dentist.
- Places and removes dental dressings and takes teeth impressions as required.
- Upholds strict patient confidentiality.
- Daily room checks and restocking of supplies.
- Attends annual CPR refresher courses, safety, infection control training, and other relevant in-service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR card.
- Current RDA license for California if applying as an RDA.
- Previous training and experience in dental healthcare.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application at Modoc Medical Center’s website. EOECurrent CPR Card. Current RDA license for California if applying as an RDA.Minimum Education and Experience