Under direct supervision, this position will focus on producing high quality, detailed work based on the established standards, guidelines and procedures of Plumas Bank. Precise and consistent work output is essential requiring patience and the ability to handle and complete one task at a time. This position requires an individual to develop a thorough understanding of the job and demonstrate consistent competency of the tasks. This position is designed to develop a valued, technical expert who can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
CORE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Personally, demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquiries about customer satisfaction with products or services.
Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills, contributes valuable ideas, opinions, feedback, and uses good judgement. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
Initiative and Dependability
Demonstrates this characteristic for seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgement about when to take action and when to seek guidance or permission. Works effectively during periods of high activity, procedural/organizational changes and deals with people of various styles or backgrounds. Arrives at work on time ready to contribute and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
Productivity and Job Skills
Productivity standards have been met for his/her organizational level or position. Has successfully combined skills, ability and effort level to ensure that expectations related to results/output are achieved. Has established a track record and is personally committed to producing work that is accurate. Demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner. Is able to demonstrate skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations.
Customer Service Excellence
Responsible for ensuring continuous commitment to excellence in customer service by providing service in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
Responsible for reporting to work on time, taking required breaks, and working for the full amount of time scheduled before leaving. Notifying supervisor of any deviation from these responsibilities is necessary.
Maintain a high level of confidentiality with all customer information.
- Analyze data by a potential borrower in support of all loan requests. Analysis includes working with the branch to collect the information necessary to underwrite the transaction, inputting data into scoring modules according to company practices, identifying areas of current or potential risk and suggesting possible methodologies for mitigating risk or structuring transactions. This process may include contacting branch personnel or borrowers to request additional information, clarification or explanations of issues that may arise from the review of previously submitted information and presenting summary information to management for further interim review.
- Input/analyze individual and business tax returns using the financial tool software.
- Prepare underwriting memoranda (descriptions and recommendations regarding specific loan transactions).
- Clear conditions as needed prior to requesting loan documents.
- Build branch/department relationships with timely and courteous communication.
- Prepare and distribute adverse action letters for all products.
- Maintain and apply sufficient knowledge of regulatory compliance and complete with passing scores on-line compliance training according to established schedules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Completion of high school or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience equivalent to:
Three years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of general office practices and personal computer operations including word processing, spreadsheet, and email software programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Quality of Service – Continually strive to perform with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness in accordance with Plumas Bank’s Excellent Customer Service Standards.
- Dependability & Follow Through – Consistently accomplish all tasks ensuring accurate results by following up on all stages of given assignments.
- Productivity – Use time wisely in order to complete assigned tasks by the outlined timeframe.
- Team Effectiveness – Become an integral member of the departmental and Bank-wide team by developing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups.
- Initiative – Demonstrate initiative by anticipating problems or opportunities and taking appropriate action without prompting or close supervision.
- Job Knowledge – Clearly understand the purposes, objectives and procedures of the branch/department and share information with team members.
- Communication Skills – Effectively communicate ideas clearly and concisely in spoken and written correspondence.
- Planning & Organization – Identify organizational needs effectively and develop action plans to achieve greater results.
- Understand and apply banking laws and regulations.
- Display proficiency with department/branch operations, activities, terminology and products and services.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations and other Bank operational policies.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- Continually demonstrate the ability to work independently and achieve performance targets without close supervision.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe and listen to help clarify inquiries, gather and present data to advance transactions.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of financial industry products and services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in evaluating the financial needs of clients and skilled at developing a customized package of Bank products and services to meet those needs.
- Display proficient knowledge in marketing strategies and techniques in relation to the banking industry.
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 80-90% of time is spent sitting at workstation.
Speaking/Hearing: clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers, clients, and outside agencies by telephone and in person.
Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens and interpret written information. Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift and carry up 20 to 50 pounds if necessary.
Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing file drawers.
Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience
About Plumas Bank
Plumas Bank is strongly committed to creating excellence in value: For our clients, shareholders and communities; by supplying the best financial products and services tailored to meet individual needs with integrity; through employees proactively dedicated to understanding and providing the specific needs of our clients; with a devotion to our communities to positively impact the quality of life for our neighbors; and to provide a financially successful company to properly reward our shareholders and supply our communities with a stable and valued employer.