County of Tehama
County Counsel Department
Full Time with Benefits
Let your opportunities grow with Tehama County!
(A – E Steps)
Deputy County Counsel I:
$37.82 – $45.97 Hourly / $3,025.48 – $3,677.49 Biweekly / $78,665.60 – $95,617.60 Annually
Deputy County Counsel II:
$41.74 – $50.74 Hourly / $3,339.57 – $4,059.26 Biweekly / $86,819.20 – $105,539.20 Annually
Senior Deputy County Counsel:
$46.08 – $56.01 Hourly / $3,686.26 – $4,480.67 Biweekly / $95,846.40 – $116,500.80 Annually
Under the direction of the County Counsel, provides a variety of professional legal services to the County of Tehama and its officers. Performs related professional and administrative work as required.
Examples of Duties
- Provides legal counsel and representation to County departments, special districts and the Board of Supervisors pertaining to their powers, duties and the law respecting the exercise of such power and duties
- Studies, analyzes, interprets and applies laws, court decisions, ordinances and other legal authorities in order toadvise County officers, department heads and political subdivisions on legal matters
- Researches, formulates, presents and supports legal opinions, written and oral, pertaining to County government
- Researches, drafts and presents legal briefs, petitions, ordinances, resolutions and/or court orders
- Reviews and prepares contracts, leases, purchase agreements and/or employee service agreements
- Legal principles and their applications
- Legal research methods
- Principles and practices of civil law.
- Exercise independent judgment and determine own work methods to achieve the goals of the department and organization
- Work independently and as a team member
Education, Experience & Licenses
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Atypical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Deputy County Counsel I/II/Senior Deputy County Counsel/Chief Deputy County Counsel:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited law school.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Deputy County Counsel II/Senior Deputy County Counsel:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience within a legal office. Local government experience preferred.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires current membership in the California State Bar Association
- Requires a valid California driver’s license
Tehama County is currently recruiting for one (1) anticipated vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Deputy County Counsel I/II/Senior, aswell as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications asoutlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-9252 ext. 3002 | email@example.com
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCEPOLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE