SUMMARY: Directs the Council’s financial, technological, administrative and support functions. Member of the Executive Management Team that determines overall strategies for the Council and is responsible for subsequent implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Directs, plans, manages and evaluates all functions of the Business Services Unit.
- Ensures financial compliance with all applicable funding terms and conditions, federal and state laws, and generally accepted accounting principles through development of appropriate fiscal policies and procedures.
- Develop, implements, and maintains all Council internal control procedures to safeguard the Council’s assets.
- Develops and oversees the annual Agency budget and interim projections;
- Supervises the annual independent audit process, as well as all financial monitoring reviews by funding entities.
- Develops, implements and maintains all Council employee benefit plans. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws regarding the maintenance and implementation of employee benefit plans.
- Solicits, reviews and manages all contracts for general and technical services, including: insurance policies, equipment and facilities’ leases, and major asset purchases.
- Ensures adherence to all fiscal-related funding terms and conditions, fiscal reporting and billing requirements for program services.
- Attends Board Meetings to present fiscal information.
- Provides staff support to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, and other Board committees as appropriate.
- Directs, Plans, Manages, and evaluates all functions of the Administrative/Support Services Unit
- Ensures the quality, efficiency, maintenance, development, and effectiveness of the Council’s administrative function, including: office reception, telephone and voice mail systems, facilities, office equipment, mailing systems, and general office supplies.
- Strategically plans to meet future needs of the Council’s administrative and support functions.
- Evaluates current performance of division and staff, recommending and implementing appropriate changes to improve overall and support the Council’s achievement of stated goals, objectives, and mission.
- Directs, Plans, and Evaluates Council’s Technological Environment
- Ensures the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Council’s computer environment, including ultimate responsibility for: assessment and acquisition of hardware and software, development of software application, assessment of computer training needs, development of computer-related documentation, maintenance of technology, and user support.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, and evaluates staff necessary to achieve the Council’s goals in each responsible functional area: Administrative and Support, Financial, and Technological Services.
Assesses staffing needs, designs jobs, and delegates work as appropriate. Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills outlines above is: Two years of increasingly complex fiscal, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and financial experience, three years’ experience in production data entry into a computer system. Demonstrated supervisory and management experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong organizational, clerical and bookkeeping skills a must. Ability to interact with a variety of people from different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, outside agencies and the general public. The ability to prioritize work to meet timely deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noise, temperatures or health hazards.
The Del Norte Child Care Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: This is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.Minimum Education and Experience