DEPUTY PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR FOR
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$27.85 – $33.60 per hour plus benefits package
A 10% salary incentive paid for a Registered Civil Engineer License with the State of California.
Open until filled. First review October 30, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction of the Public Works Director, the Deputy Public Works Director for Facilities Maintenance will assist in the planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities and programs in support of facilities maintenance activities with the Public Works
Department. Managed facilities include buildings, airports, parks, and cemeteries as well as County-owned and leased structures and property. Acts for the Public Works Director during absences.
The major duties of the job include:
• Manage, direct and organize a wide variety of public works maintenance activities including major responsibility for all public buildings and grounds; cemeteries and parks maintenance.
• Ensure cemetery layouts and records are maintained for the Cemetery Division.
• Assist in preparing the Public Works Department budget; assist in budget
implementation; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administer the approved budget.
• Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for County construction projects; may act as County contract representative and inspector on designated projects; administer various capital project construction contracts.
• Maintains an accurate and updated listing of all Department vehicles and contract equipment.
• As appropriate, brief the Board of Supervisors, advise the County Administrative Officer and/or appointive boards and commissions on projects and long-range planning objectives.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or scientific/technical field preferred.
Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible experience in directing public works activities or directly related technical experience. One year of supervisory experience in a public works organization preferred.
License: Possession of a valid Registered Civil Engineer license with the State of California preferred.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen
County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251 -8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130 Opened: October 8, 2020
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted post-conditional-offer of employment. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to
local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.