General Statement of Responsibilities:
The Cook must maintain customer satisfaction while consistently putting out high quality food. Must follow recipes, preparation, and safety procedures, and maintain kitchen cleanliness. Organize supplies and note the supplies needed to insure that the quality and quantity of food served is maintained at a high level. Must maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times under extreme conditions while interacting with kitchen team members. Must help clean and maintain kitchen equipment and report any malfunctions immediately. Must follow kitchen procedures and provide quality customer service. Must answer promptly any calls for assistance from the servers and casino customers and assist them in any way possible. Record any problems or any out of the ordinary situation in the shift log. Perform other duties as assigned. EOE.
*Must be willing to work in a secondhand smoke environment.
Specific Areas of Responsibilities:
· Assist customers and coworkers.
· Serve high quality food.
· Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Maintain a shift log and note any irregularities or problems.
· Help ensure cleanliness of work areas.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be age 21.
· Written and oral communications are required in the primary language used in the work area.
· Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
· Must qualify for a Non Gaming License.
· Must be able and willing to work any schedule, holidays, and weekends.
· Cooking experience preferred.
Requires standing, walking for long periods up to 4 hours at a time. Must be able to lift 30 pounds repeatedly. Requires bending, reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping and repetitive motions.
Preference will be given to qualified Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal Members. Indian preference is granted in accordance with P.L. 93-638.
Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel Benefits Package:
The Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel Benefits Package includes health, dental, and vision. Employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) and seven holidays are included in each employees PTO. Diamond Mountain Casino & Hotel also offers a matching 401K Retirement Plan, Education Assistance (provisions apply), Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Accounts (HSA), gym membership discounts, discounts with two different shoe venders, and employee discounts in our restaurant, coffee shop, and gift shop.Minimum Education and Experience