GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Diamond Mountain Mini Mart Cashier reports to the Mini Mart Manager/Assistant Manager;
Performs cashier duties unique to a convenience store/service station facility; ensures cash drawer is balanced at the beginning and end of their shift; assists in the maintenance and upkeep of the Mini Mart grounds and equipment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: May include one or several of the following:
1. Perform maintenance on the mini mart equipment and grounds.
2. Assist with propane tank fills/swap. Kerosene fills.
3. Assist with water & air fills.
4. Cleaning of the parking lot and concrete.
5. Clean-up messes or unsanitary conditions as soon as possible and immediately correct hazardous situations that may develop.
6. Assist fuel customers with fuel and fuel pump operations, particular customers that can be classified as being disabled or seniors.
7. Maintenance of gas pumps
8. Perform cleaning and general upkeep of the interior and exterior of the Mini Mart, including the emptying of trash receptacles and the cleaning of restrooms; manages Hazardous Waste area in a safe and sanitary manner.
9. Island attendant assistant when asked, which may include washing windows, etc.
10. Cover shifts when needed.
11. Perform schedules and interim cleaning of store equipment.
12. Operate a cash register and gasoline read in console to completely and accurately record all sales and other transactions.
13. Prepare and furnish to the Diamond Mountain Mini Mart Manager/Assist. Manager an open/close balance sheet at the beginning and end of each assigned shift.
14. Fill out Credit Account invoices completely and accurately.
15. Check in stock merchandise according to the company policies.
16. Be able to complete accurately all aspects of the daily business reports and other written reports, as required.
17. Maintain a well-groomed, neat, and sanitary appearance.
18. Treat customers and fellow employees in a friendly and courteous manner.
19. Maintain food and drink dispensing equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
20. Prevent, stop, or report any loitering, illegal, or immoral activities occurring on company property as soon as possible. Be alert to shoplifting, vender theft, and gasoline drive offs and immediately report any such activity.
21. Be able to cope with workplace stress.
22. Observe all company policies.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. No money or theft related felony or misdemeanor convictions and no records of serious criminal convictions of any kind in the past five years.
3. Six-month experience dealing with cash registers in a retail environment.
4. Ability to work and manage large amounts of currency.
5. Ability to make change accurately.
6. Be physically able to stand for several hours while operating a cash register or cooking, lift and carry 55 pounds, and kneel to stock bottom shelves.
7. Be willing to work assigned schedule (days, nights, or weekends) and any required overtime hours.
8. Ability to pass mandatory pre-employment drug test and willingness to submit to random drug testing.
***Preference given to qualified Federally Recognized Tribal members.
Indian preference granted in accordance with PL 93-638.
To apply, contact Human Resources at 530-252-4209 x 5
EOEMinimum Education and Experience