Eastern Plumas Health Care
Cook- Full Time
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4.2.20
The dietary cook prepares meals for patients, staff and guests following the established menus. Ensures that food temperature and portion control meet all requirements of State and Federal regulations.
- Prepares and serves meals that are high quality and nutritious to patients, staff and guests.
- Ensures that the menu for the preparing meal is followed.
- Use the Nutritional Care Manual as a guide for the patients receiving a modified diet.
- Consistently checks the temperature of food to ensure that food served to patients is maintained at the correct temperature.
- Followers the standard serving portions as established by the Consultant Dietitian.
- Maintain strict sanitary condition in order to eliminate food contamination and to prevent the growth of disease producing organisms and the production of bacterial toxins.
- Ensures that hair is covered with an effective hair at all times when on duty.
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cooked and uncooked foods.
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food product that is going directly to the patient or staff.
- Ensures that the specifically designated cutting boards are used for cutting of red meats and poultry to prevent cross contamination.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the nursing staff and co-workers to ensure that the nutritional needs of the patients are met
- Ensures that food preferences, nutritional status and other information regarding the patients diet are followed.
- Have an open communication with the nursing service so that any problems or concerns are quickly and easily resolved.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency within the department.
Skills / Requirements
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (Include Education, Certifications, Physical Capacities, Equipment Used, Specific Skills)
- CA Food Handler card or equivalent.
- Prior hospital dietary services experience is preferred but not required for this position.
- Must have the ability to lift 30 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs frequently.