County of Tehama Sheriff
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $17.59 – $21.38 Hourly | $1,407.20 – $1,710.40 Biweekly
Prepares, cooks, packages and/or serves meals following applicable federal, state and County rules and regulations. Prepares required reports of food service activity. May provide leadership and instruction to persons assisting with kitchen duties, such as juvenile wards, inmates and/or extra help.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Prepares, cooks, packages and/or serves healthy, appetizing meals.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen, dining areas, cooking equipment, utensils, cookware, storage facilities,refrigerator, freezer etc.
- Assists in maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Assists in assessing dietary needs; assists in the planning of menus to ensure adequate variety and nutritionalcontent; adapts recipes and prepares special diets as requested.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable federal, state and County rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and instruction to juvenile wards or inmates engaged in food service work in the absenceof the Dietary Supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining supply and food inventory; orders produce as needed; properly stores food and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
• Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
• One (1) year of cooking experience is required. Experience preparing, baking and cooking food in an institutional or commercial kitchen is highly desirable.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Completion of a HACCP sanitation certification course for food service workers is desirable.
- Specialized training related to specific assignment may be required.
How To Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com and search for the job title to apply.
The department currently has one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Dietary Cook, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
The following items MUST be submitted with your completed application to be considered for this position.
- Cover Letter (A resume is NOT considered a cover letter)
- California Food Handler’s Certificate
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
530-529-7718 | email@example.com