Part time: 25 hours a week, sometimes including evenings and weekends.
• The successful candidate is excited by a fast-paced environment, passionate about communication (and the environment), able to prioritize tasks, and thrives on being creative
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, graphic design, or related field OR one to two years of experience in social media and communications
• Experience maintaining a variety of social media platforms
• Proficient with social media and website content management systems
• Ability to write engaging content for digital distribution
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requests simultaneously, detail oriented, strong organizational skills
• Graphic design skills and experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive, self-motivated, quick learner; a sense of humor is a must
• This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds
• The Digital Media Specialist will assist in engaging and growing our community of supporters, members, and followers via social media as well as through other digital and print communications
• The person in this position is also responsible for working with the Communications team to keep the SYRCL website up to date, designing online and print materials for events, and maintaining our visual resource collection.
Develop and curate digital/social media content to engage users and grow our user base on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; listen, respond to, and engage with followers
• Work with Communications team to write, schedule, prepare, and edit content for our various audiences; coordinate with SRYCL staff to facilitate ENews articles and social media content
• Design online and print flyers, surveys, reports, and other materials to support organization-wide efforts
• Support the Community Engagement Manager with volunteer recruitment efforts and event planning around the annual Cleanup, Wild & Scenic Film Festival, and Quiz Night
Wage range is $20 to $22.00 an hour
Benefits: An hourly rate of $20-$22 per hour (DOE) plus 8.75 days paid time off (PTO), 3 sick days, and 10 prorated paid holidays annually
HIRING PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. First contact will be a phone screen interview; finalists will be invited to video call panel interview; an in-person interview for the finalist will occur.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: This position is open until filled. Submit your application here: https://syrcl.bamboohr.com/careers/78 Please submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work.
Minimum Education and Experience