The Digital Press operator assures internal and external customer expectations of producing a quality digital print product on schedule and on a consistent basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
- Ability to read, understand and follow the production schedule for the digital presses.
- Reviewing all proofs and final product samples produced on digital equipment before releasing to internal or external customers.
- Operate dryers and production printers, including inputting job-processing settings and managing job queues, start up and shut down procedures and adjustments.
- Conduct regular and special maintenance on equipment to achieve maximum machine performance based on equipment specifications and acquired knowledge of machine operations. Record maintenance and service calls in maintenance log book as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Flexible to work overtime and some weekends as necessary
- Know all the company product lines and the locations of staging areas as well as bin locations·
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment·
- Support the company in any needs required for setup/teardown of tradeshows, both on and offsite.·
- Assist in daily cycle counts, quarterly and annual inventories on and offsite as necessary·
- Responsible to work in a full-time status and avoid absentee and tardy problems·
- May operate powered forklifts, manual pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Basic mechanical abilities and motor skills·
- Experience using computers and knowledge of multiple operating systems·
- Ability to communicate clearly, calmly and effectively verbally and in writing to co-workers and outside vendors and manufacturers.
- Demonstrated initiative, follow through and problem-solving ability.·
- Shows up to work, ready to work and on time. ·
- Ability to foster a positive and professional work environment.