Guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun; the Dining Services Assistant in the kitchen serves elders and guests by operating the dish machine and maintaining the cleanliness of the dish machine area. May prepare and serve meals for the dining services department in a safe and appetizing method in compliance with current standards, policy and procedures. Cleans kitchen, washes dishes, and returns food to proper storage.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates a dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays, silverware, and food service equipment.
- Sets up and cleans dish machine area; checks temperatures and soap dispensing levels.
- Stores clean equipment and utensils.
- Assists in maintaining preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition.
- Empties garbage and moves to dump site.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner
- Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators)
- Communicate professionally and cooperate with supervisor and all community personnel Reinforce a customer experience of the highest quality
- Model the Compass Senior Living Leadership Values
Dining Services Assistant
- Washes dishes
- Takes orders for meals from elders and serves them in a respectful, customer friendly manner, respecting customer preferences
- Clears tables after meal time, and resets tables for next meal
- Assists with preparation of food items and serves food to elders within scheduled time frame
- Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room
- Assists Dining Services Director and/or cook in maintaining inventory control
- Maintains clean, neat and safe work environment
- Assures that elder’s diets are followed
- Assures employees and elder guest meals are accounted for on a daily basis
- Reports to Dining Services Director any loss, breakage or waste of supplies and equipment
- Observes and communicates to Dining Services Director problems or potential problems in the Dining Services department
- Observes and reports any unusual changes in elder condition or behavior to administrator or nursing staff
- Maintains current cleaning list and highest standards for kitchen cleanliness
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Dining Services Director or Administrator
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must hold a current food handling card as required by the state
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB (if applicable)
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network. 4/19/21 sdMinimum Education and Experience