Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Native American Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians, descendants of members of the Paskenta Band and registered members of other Native American tribes or First Nations in North America provided that the individual can provide satisfactory proof of such membership in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies).
Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, the job responsibilities of Director of Accounting include but are not limited to fiscal management, oversight of the financial accounting and timely reporting, implement systems, perform internal audit functions of processes and systems. Accounting and Reporting responsibilities span across all segments of Tribe including Government, Clinic, and Paskenta Enterprises. Responsible for the implementation of systems to ensure effective and efficient processes and controls. Responsible for the annual audit of the financial accounts of the Tribe and its business units. Internal audit will be performed as per the directive of the Tribal Council.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Government, Rolling Hills Clinics & Paskenta Enterprises)
- Develops, analysis and interprets statistical and accounting information and operating results in terms of fiscal compliance, performance against budget, profitability, and other matters relating to operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains complete and systematic accounting of fiscal records for programs and accounts of the Tribe, recommending new or modified systems to provide complete and accurate financial and statistical reporting.
- Recommends to CFO Tribal fiscal policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports based on past, present and projected operations.
- Prepares financial worksheets, reports, and projections that outline the Tribes financial position needed for internal and external reporting.
- Prepares drawdowns from federal, state, or private funding source and assures compliance with regulations or other agreements.
- Prepares budget and financial forecasts, maintains and plans control procedures, including the cost accounting system, and analyzes and reports variances.
- Works with department directors and program managers on grant/contract budget to actual reports. Makes recommendations regarding financial status of programs.
- Interfaces with and assists all entities of the Tribe, including but not limited to: Tribal Government, Paskenta Brewing & Distilling, Rolling Hills Travel Center, Rolling Hills Casino and Resort, Rolling Hills Clinics and TEPA LLC with regard to accounting, budget adherence and fiscal coordination with those companies.
- Prepares internal reports, revises and updates reports to make them useful for management.
- Under the direction of the CFO, acts as the lead with internal/external audits and auditors.
- Interacts with appropriate agencies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial activities.
- Prepares quarterly fiscal reports/statements for review.
- Supervises and trains the Controllers and the accounting teams. This includes preparation of evaluations and updates to job descriptions.
- Other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Accounting, Finance or Management; or 15+ years of accounting experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership in Accounting & Finance.
- Audit/ internal audit experience of 3 years required, Working knowledge of GAAP, GASB and FASB required;
- CPA, CMA, CIA designation highly preferred.
- Governmental accounting experience preferred.
- Clinic/IHS accounting experience preferred.
- Process (manufacturing) accounting experience preferred.
- Retail accounting experience preferred
- System implementation experience preferred
- Ability to develop audit program and perform internal audit desirable
- Knowledge of federal programs and financial and procurement regulations is desirable.
- Knowledge of GASB 34 reporting procedures as relates to tribes.
- Ability to develop fiscal and procurement policies for internal control.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to produce accounting and business reports for presentation to appropriate entities.
- High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state may be required.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in proofreading correspondence and work related documents. Acute hearing is required. Typically, office work setting conditions.
How to Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.Minimum Education and Experience