Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
The Director of Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop the Human Resources
functions that span across the Government, Gaming & Commission, Surveillance,
Rolling Hills Clinics. The Director of Human Resources will set and provide a high
standard of vision, leadership and direction for the Tribe’s Human Resources efforts
including but not limited to the attraction, recruitment and selection, employee retention,
training and development, employee safety and risk management, employee
performance evaluations, position control, strategic and tactical compensation, benefits
administration, records management, while promoting and maintaining a friendly,
positive, diverse and inclusive workplace experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Government, Gaming & Commission, Surveillance, Rolling Hills Clinics,
Paskenta Brewing & Distilling and Rolling Hills Travel Center)
1. Partners with the executive leadership team to understand and execute the
organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to
current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
2. Develops and monitors an annual budget of human resources operations within
the Tribal Government and Clinic Operations.
3. Oversees compliance with federal and tribal employment laws and regulations
and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain
4. Oversees programs relative to recruitment, training, promotion, compensation,
benefits, evaluations, employee relations, and employee engagement.
5. Oversees and manages Executive-level recruitment.
6. Oversees and manages Physician and Provider recruitment at Rolling Hills
7. In collaboration with executive management and the Benefits Committee, obtains
cost-effective, health benefits, both for tribal members and employees; monitors
national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
8. Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes
competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts
and retains top talent.
9. Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal
development opportunities for employees.
10.Exceed management information needs through the implementation and
maintenance of HRIS best practices.
11.Defines and maintains salary structure, validated through third party data
systems, to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
12.Plans and implements a broad-spectrum of HR activities, including staffing,
compensation, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, and compliance.
13.Provide support to operational management for employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
14.Ensures that all corrective action and termination of employees is in accordance
with organizational policy.
15.Writes directives advising department directors of policy regarding equal
employment opportunities, compensation plan, and employee benefits.
16.Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
17.Investigates accidents and prepares reports for Worker’s Comp insurance
18.Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
19.Provides management direction, coaching and counseling. Provides leadership,
supervision and direction to HR staff.
1. A highly strategic and responsive, service-oriented attitude
2. A strong understanding of compensation programs, benefit programs, employee
training & development activities, HR processes & systems
3. Ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
4. Ability to establish staff performance goals and increase accountability through
effective motivational practices and performance systems
5. Ability to execute/implement concepts, plans, and ideas
6. Ability to proactively implement and sustain HR systems and programs that
appropriately address the organization’s needs
7. Ability to sustain corporate culture, which supports the organization’s values and
8. Ability to implement and manage, major change initiatives and instill a sense of
9. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work
in human resources, management, or related field; or 10+ years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
10.A minimum of ten years of progressive leadership in HR.
11.Managed the implementation of HRIS systems.
12.PHR or SPHR, THRP certification preferred.
13.Management experience and a demonstrated ability to develop and lead others.
14.High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
15.Very strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and
16.Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently
17.Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice
Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning,
kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The
position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in
preparing reports using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near
and far vision in proofreading correspondence and work related documents. Acute
hearing is required. Typically, office work setting conditions.
How To Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel
are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause,
and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or
employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for
any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki
Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.