CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes – This position works with and around our children and
youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Medical is responsible for the medical care of patients. He/she directs and coordinates the medical functions of the clinic.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes knowledge and skill in taking medical histories, performing appropriate plans and therapies (including referrals for consultations) and providing medical follow-up.
- Provides comprehensive medical care to all age groups.
- Reviews clinical records and evaluates medical care provided by consultants and staff. Recommends changes and improvements when indicated.
- Reviews laboratory and consultants’ reports and initiates any indicated follow-up.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating policies, procedures, protocols, and other business items as requested for the clinic to ensure high quality, cost-effective medical care.
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences and committee meetings.
- Serves as member of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Serves as a member of Health Care Resources/Case Management Team Committee.
- Reviews and updates Medical Policy and Procedure Manual annually.
- Evaluates staff in a timely manner.
- Works within HIPAA Guidelines.
- Responsible for Level 1 Keys and Codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with other health professionals and paraprofessionals in a team approach to provide comprehensive health care.
- Ability to manage a health department.
- Skill in supervising health professionals.
- Knowledge in taking medical histories and performing appropriate plans and therapies.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
- Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check OR pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Must of a doctorate degree. Completion of a nationally accredited school of medicine for Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program – preferred.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of directly related experience in clinic management and medical practice.
- Current unrestricted California Licensure to practice medicine.
- Certification by the American Board of Family Practice.
- Must have completed Medical Residency in the United States, Great Britain, or Canada.
- Current DEA license.
- PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory, and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty and noisy Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
- Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
- The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
- Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
- Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
- Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
- Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
- Copy of any other certifications required.
- Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
- Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
- An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.