Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time Director of Nursing (DON) at its Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The primary job function will be to assess, plan, implement and evaluate long term care needs at the SNF, to ensure the best possible individualized care of residents. This position is eligible for benefits.
Salary: $112,756 – $147,118 annually (plus sign on bonus)
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Responsible for the supervision of nursing activities of residents in the SNF. Assures the maintenance of quality of patient care, including compliance with physician’s orders and hospital policies.
- Responsible for the staffing schedules, payroll and overtime authorization. Completes evaluations of all SNF nursing staff according to facility policy. Assists with recruitment activities as needed.
- Is a role model for SNF nursing staff and assures that all patients/residents/staff/relatives/visitors are treated with dignity and respect.
- Participates in a continuous analysis and evaluation of the nursing services rendered. Recommends and participates in studies of the quality of nursing service and staffing utilization studies.
- Participates in policy-forming and problem-solving conferences of the hospital as they affect nursing service. Does appropriate follow-up on all concerns/complaints as related to the SNF nursing service.
Maintains open relationships with residents, their families, as well as interested community groups.
- Assists in developing policies and procedure relative to patient care; is cognizant of revisions and changes in policy or procedure mandated by any licensing agency.
- Is an active member of the Nursing Management Team, attends Nursing Department meetings, Department Head meetings, Quality Improvement meetings as well as others as requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- CA licensed RN and active CPR certification. Above average mental ability, good physical and mental health with previous experience in a long term care facility, Director of Nursing Certificate desired.
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance. Relates well with co-workers, staff and residents
- Shows adaptability to varied situations, is empathetic, enthusiastic, creative and a resourceful personality
Application Process: For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience