Shari’s Cafe & Pies
Red Bluff, CA
Your attention to detail and willingness to work hard is exactly what is required as a dishwasher at Shari’s. You not only ensure that our dishes are clean and sanitary, but also that clean dishes, glassware, and silverware are always available. Our guests notice the overall cleanliness of our restaurant, due in large part to your hard work mopping floors, cleaning restrooms, emptying the trash and making sure the outside area around the restaurant is tidy.
Reports To: Manager or Shift Leader on Duty
Position Summary: A dish machine operator contributes to the success of Shari’s by executing tasks required to sort and rack dishes, operate the dish machine and maintain a stock of clean dish and service ware in all needed locations. Ensure that restrooms, floors, outside, kitchen and dish machine areas are clean and well organized.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are of those that must be met to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function.
- Pick up litter and debris from the parking lot area and the perimeter of the restaurant.
- Clean and stock restrooms thoroughly at the beginning of the shift and then maintain hourly.
- Operation and maintenance of the dish machine to include checking and changing chemicals using proper safety precautions and cleanliness of the machine inside and out.
- Remove all full flatware and bus tubs to the kitchen for washing then replacing the full tubs with clean, empty tubs.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using the dish machine or by hand as applicable.
- Replace clean dishware in the appropriate area for use quickly and efficiently.
- Sweep and mop floor areas in the kitchen, dining room and restrooms.
- Empty full garbage containers into the dumpster throughout the shift.
- Restock pop machine as needed.
- Clean up any spills or broken glass immediately following safety precautions.
- Take grease filters down, wash thoroughly and re-position under exhaust system.
- Put away food deliveries checking for quality and maintaining proper product rotation in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with managers, servers, cooks and fellow dish machine operators.
- Handle complaints in a professional manner. Work with the manager to resolve guest complaints.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over your station.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently.
- Language Ability – Ability to comprehend simple instructions and to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability – Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers using units of US weight measurement.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits – Ability to obtain and maintain a state applicable food handler’s card.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While preforming the duties of this position, the team member is required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time up to 4-8 hours. Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work including grasping, and bending and twisting. Team member will frequently push and pull and reach above the shoulder. Team member will occasionally kneel or squat. This position will seldom require fine hand manipulation or climb/stairs. Team member will continuously lift or carry 0-5 pounds, frequently lift or carry 6-10 pounds, occasionally lift or carry 11-40 pounds and rarely lift over 41-50 pounds.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.
About Shari's Restaurant
Founded in 1978, Shari's is the largest family-style brand in the Pacific Northwest. We’re famous for our fresh Northwest comfort food, welcoming service, and grand selection of award-winning pies!