Lassen County Personnel
DISPATCHER (Continuous Recruitment)
Applicant must successfully complete the California Commission on Peace
Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified Dispatch examination prior to appointment. (Examination will be held within approximately one month after receipt of application.)
$17.69 – $23.28 per hour, plus benefits
FILING DEADLINE (Continuous Recruitment)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dispatcher will receive and transmit routine and emergency requests for sheriff, police, fire, ambulance and/or emergency assistance and dispatch-required equipment. The major duties of the job include:
• Receive and dispose of incoming telephone and voice radio calls; secure and record information as to location, and use radio to dispatch necessary emergency units, including sheriff, police, fire department and ambulance personnel and equipment.
• Maintain status of units on assignment; keep Department officials informed of situations and dispatch equipment when so advised.
• Log all sheriffs’s and police calls for service; compile data and prepare reports of reported emergencies, equipment dispatched and/or status of emergency.
• Relay emergency and non emergency information to public safety personnel in the field; interpret information from units in field which may be sketchy, broken or in code.
• Process arrest warrants, as necessary, and maintain warrant log; provide proper notification to other criminal justice agencies conducting inquiry of warrant status.
• Relay information to other agencies as required; relay the nature of incident.
• Perform administrative support work related to activities including logs, reports, applications and correspondence.
• Perform routine computer systems maintenance
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
Experience: Experience performing duties similar to dispatching emergency services. Must successfully pass the POST
Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery examination prior to appointment, this test will be provided to all qualified applicants within one month of the application deadline.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville to sit for an entry level written examination.
HOW TO APPLY
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate, and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Job bulletins and the Lassen County application are available at our website at: http://lassencounty.org .Qualified applicants are invited to submit a required Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251-8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130 Updated August 2, 2019
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants. Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.