District Operations & Maintenance Technician
Corning Water District / Corning CA / Full Time
Hours: 7am to 3pm, occasional weekends/on call
Paid Vacation and Retirement
Under general direction, performs skilled welding, electrical, plumbing and concrete work to operate light and medium maintenance equipment in the installation and repair of water main and services lines and meters; install, repair, overhaul, calibrate and test pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems.
- Constructs, remodels or removes structures utilizing a variety of skills (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, concrete placing and finishing, arc and acetylene welding cutting).
- Fabricates tools, fittings and other parts or components needed for District maintenance and construction projects.
- Operates various construction and maintenance equipment, hand and power tools, and high voltage electrical equipment. Read water meters, maintain or repair infrastructure of the water district, perform routine equipment maintenance and respond to SCADA and telemetry system.
- Maintain accurate records; work schedules, oral and written reports of work performed and modifications made to the system, water orders, crop reports, equipment maintenance records, materials and supplies inventory, and purchase orders.
- Skillfully operate equipment as needed including backhoe and typical hand tools
- Follow safety procedures, including use of PPE, and use of MSDS safety data sheet.
- Knowledge of basic construction tools and equipment , basic knowledge of District operations and equipment used in water-transmissions systems.
- Maintains shop, facility and tools, equipment, and parts inventory.
- High School diploma or GED and any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge and skills listed above.
- Experienced operator helpful.
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver’s license issues by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Possession and proof of a driving record free of multiple or serious traffic violations.
- Basic knowledge of, and experience in a majority of the following: vehicle maintenance, electrical, concrete placing, arc and acetylene welding/cutting.