Red Bluff, CA
Training and testing for CDL Class B is provided.
Operates small and large transit vehicles to ensure safe and timely transportation of passengers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operates company vehicles to transport passengers on fixed route, demand/response or door-to-door service.
- Assists dispatcher with routs and narratives.
- Assists with elderly passengers, and persons with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Including the loading/unloading and securement of wheelchairs within established safety procedures. Physically evacuates passengers in any emergency situations.
- Promotes positive passenger relations; greets passengers in a tactful, courteous manner.
- Maintains appropriate uniform and presents a professional, neat and clean appearance.
- Communicates access and/or loading problems to supervisors.
- Inspects assigned vehicle before and after operations; makes notes of any defects discovered. Completes vehicle condition reports.
- Completes passenger and vehicle usage records.
- Keeps vehicle interior clean.
- Prepares and submits Incident/Accident reports.
- Responsible for keeping updated on all company policies and procedures, and all training requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age,
- Have had a valid drivers license for at least five years and have the ability to obtain a CDL license as necessary for contractual requirements
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check, a motor vehicle records check, and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have ability to obtain CPR/First Aid and Defensive Driving certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Flexible hours of work may be required, which can include evenings and/or weekends. Requires ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess the physical ability to perform all driving functions without assistance. Moderate lifting, bending, twisting, stretching, kneeling, and crouching may be required to assist passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle, including carrying items and lifting and securing wheelchairs weighing up to 50lbs. Must be able to load/unload and push/pull occupied wheelchairs without assistance. While driving, may experience challenges related to adverse weather conditions or vehicular traffic. Must be able to grasp, squeeze, kneel, reach, and stretch to do pre/post check of vehicle, radio, and equipment. Must be able to lift and install tire chains (up to 50 lbs), and positioning from a kneeling position with arms extended bearing the weight of the chains. Must be able to operate small to large vans and buses safely, and perform all the above, without assistance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of basic customer relations techniques; the service area: the safe operations off vehicles and the applicable State Motor Vehicle Laws. Ability to work with elderly and persons with disabilities, and deal tactfully and effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds in stressful situations; to promote good passenger relations; to prepare accurate records and reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to read and apply written rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to pass required drug and alcohol testing.
How to Apply: Visit www.paratransit.net/apply-online to apply for the position.Minimum Education and Experience