Non-Emergency Transporters Job Description.
Transporting Non-Emergent patients in ambulatory, wheelchairs, and stretchers to doctor’s offices, dialysis, home, and many other medical appointments including discharges from the hospitals and inter-facility transfers. All ground transports in company-owned vehicles.
• Safely operate Ambulatory/wheelchair/Gurney van
• Load, unload, secure and transport patients safely to the destination
• Properly track and fill out all paperwork
• Report dispatching with changes, issues, or incidents
• Inspect and clean the van before and after the trip.
• Must be 23 years or older (No Exception)
• Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Must obtain a CA DMV print out “K-4”.
• At least 5 years with a clean background
• Must pass the pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check
Any medical background experience will be considered first.
Shifts arrange from:
24/7 from 2:00am-11:00pm
Job duties include
• Transporting patients in Ambulatory, Wheelchairs and Stretchers.
• Keeping vehicles clean, organized, and washed.
• Filling out paperwork used to bill for trips, trip logs, and invoices for transports.
• Delivers superior customer service.
• Able to operate a cell phone, read a map, use the GPS equipment and accurately plan a route.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Professional demeanor.
• Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
• Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
• Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
• Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Able to lift, operate and maneuver company equipment weighed down with a customer, in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
• Pass the pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Be current First Aid and CPR training certificate.
• Education: High school diploma/GED.
• Experienced: Minimum 1 year in similar position preferred
This job is great to have on your resume for any medical careers you intend to pursue. We look forward to meeting with you and hope to have you join our team soon.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-timeAbility to lift 30lbsMinimum Education and Experience