Under the direct supervision of the Services Program Manager or designee be responsible for the safe operation of the vehicles in the Social Services division of the Plumas County Department of Social Services in accordance with County Policy and all other applicable state and federal guidelines. Complies with all traffic regulations. Completes all reports required. All positions are part-time.
Drives vehicles to transport adults and children to and from a variety of locations for visitation purposes. Ability to install car seats in all county vehicles. Daily safety inspection of vehicles for gas, oil and tires before departing for duty.
Director of Social Services or designee.
CLASSIFICATIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Maintain records, logs and ability to accurately follow regulations and guidelines.
• Receive scheduling and directions from the Social Services department personnel.
• Ability to interact with adults and children in a professional and friendly manner.
• Ability to communicate (verbally) and clearly with a variety of individuals.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; climb, bend, stoop, twist, crouch and kneel to secure car seats and conduct vehicle inspections; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication. Able to lift and carry child. Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Shall possess the physical ability to perform all duties of the position.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
• Display proficiency in the operation of the vehicles and the safety of the passengers.
• Ability to pass a Pre-Employment drug screen and criminal background check in accordance with all applicable laws regarding the nature of employment.
• Observe safety as a priority while performing all duties.
Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be training offered by the Department of Social Services. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. CPR required and First Aid preferred.
Must have Class C California Driver’s License; a good driving record and be insurable under the County’s Insurance Policy. (The valid Class C California Drivers License must be maintained throughout employment.) May be required to participate in random drug testing.